Yes, another beauty box! After the wonderful beauty box from Vanity Trove last month, I decided to give another beauty box a try. This month I decided to try a different company so I googled for “beauty boxes in Singapore” and randomly chanced upon StyleXStyle. Incidentally, they were coming out with a beauty box – they don’t do beauty boxes regularly but there was one coming out in June and will be a collaboration with Tangs.
For non-Singaporeans reading this post, Tangs is a department store, with a really big beauty hall that carries mainly high end and exclusive brands. I love shopping at the Tangs beauty hall! At S$22.90, I thought it was a great price to sample from high end brands and also wanted to check out the new beauty box service! Are you curious about what’s inside it?
Items in the first picture:
- Sulwhasoo Skincare Set comprising of: 1x 5ml Essential Balancing Water, 1x 5ml Essential Balancing Emulsion, 2x sachet of Gentle Cleansing Oil, 2x sachet of First Care Activating Serum
- belif Creamy Cleansing Form Moist (30ml)
- belif First Aid Overnight Brightening Mask (1 sachet)
- belif First Aid 360 Eye Care Mask (1 sachet)
- Shiseido White Lucent Skincare Set comprising of: 1x 7ml Brightening Moisturising Emulsion, 1x 7ml Brightening Cleansing Foam, 1x 7ml Brightening Balancing Softener
Items in the second picture:
- Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation (5ml)
- Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Eau De Toilette Natural Spray (1.5ml)
- Clarins Shaping Facial LIft Total V Contouring Serum (10ml)
- Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins (5ml)
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara (3g)
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX (20ml)
- Aveda Haircare Set comprising of: 1x 10ml Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother, 1x 7ml Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener
I’m actually on the fence about whether I really like this box – I’m very happy that they included the Guerlain foundation, because I rarely buy skin base from Guerlain as they are very expensive but I’ve heard good things about them. But I feel quite underwhelmed by the rest of the box because there are only 2 makeup items and I don’t use mascara much.
I love skincare products and I love trying new ones; sadly I’ve tried most skincare products in this box such as the Sulwhasoo, Clarins, Origins, belif and Laneige items. I guess I was too excited because it was Tangs, and had hoped there will be more items that I have not tried! In terms of value, I would say it’s really reasonable. There are a lot of samples and are pretty high end, plus it’s really not their fault that I’ve tried so much of it!
What do you think of this box?