Oh dear. Another unboxing? Seems like my subscription box habit is getting a little out of hand here! August’s The Little Black Beauty Box is set around the theme of “Jetsetter”. I was pretty excited when I saw the theme because I do travel a lot so I thought it could be a really fun and useful box… but when I received it I have to say that I was pretty disappointed.
On first touch, the box was so light – I’ve rarely received such light subscription boxes before, so even before opening it, I already had a bad feeling about it. When I opened it, I could see so much empty space! I know subscription boxes are meant to be sample sizes to test out new products, but the seriously tiny samples felt quite ridiculous.
Items in this month’s box:
1. Benefit Dream Screen SPF45 (6ml)
2. Radical Skincare Anti-Aging Restorative Moisture (8ml)
3. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream (7ml)
4. SKII Cellumination Mask-In Lotion (10ml)
5. Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion
6. Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance Eau de Parfum (1.5ml)
7. SKII Cellumination Deep Surge EX (2.5g)
8. Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream (2.5ml)
9. Ioma Cell Protector SPF50 (3 sachets of 1.5ml each)
Yes there are 9 items. And it comes with a good number of vouchers – for shopping discounts, free quick treatments; but I rarely end up using them. Even the vouchers that could be exchanged for products – they’re often not useful to me because I have to go out of the way to specific outlets to collect the items. I like subscription boxes because they bring things to me. I repeat that these samples are really small – everything is 10ml and below, very much like samples that I could have received in store instead of paying SGD22.90 for them.
I think I’ll be giving this box a break for a couple of months and see if they come back with more exciting products before subscribing again.
Did you get the Little Black Beauty Box? What do you think of the items?