I got a small little box lately from the Sample Store – how it works is that you get to select up to 4 items “free”, just by paying S$5.99 for the postage; so it doesn’t matter if you selected 2 or 4 items, the postage is still S$5.99 per package. I don’t think that they should claim that the items are free though, because postage is definitely cheaper than S$5.99, and the service is actually run by Singapore Post… deduce yourself. But anyway, for the amount of products, I think S$5.99 is more than fair!
What I actually selected:
1. Dentiste Plus White Nighttime Toothpaste
2. Sexylook 4D Lifting Mask – Escargot Extract Intense Healing
3. Sofy Extra Dry
4. Bioderma Hydrabio Serum
What was added to my box as additional SG50 Gift:
1. Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion (Cotton Type), 2 cotton pads
2. My Beauty Diary Vanilla Moisturising Aroma Mask
3. Super Moist Toner with Hyaluronic Acid, 3ml
4. UUcare Super pearl Cotton Cover Pad
5. Diane Shiny Shampoo and Shiny Hair Mask – Extra Shine, 1 sachet each
6. Miacare Acne Patch, 3 patches
7. Lucido-L Argan Rich Oil Hair Treatment Oil
8. My Beauty Diary Ultra Cleansing Water, 4ml
9. Finale Whitening Cream
10. Pond’s Flawless White Deep Whitening Facial Foam
11. Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm
There was a bonus SG50 Gift box for the month of August – because it was National Day, and it’s the 50th birthday this year; hence, the huge amount of products! I was quite excited because I didn’t know what would be included; but after receiving it I have to say that I’m quite upset about it.
It’s not the size of the products, or the type of products; yes most them are drugstore products, but I do like getting samples of drugstore products. But rather… the expiry date of the products. Most of them were manufactured in 2013, or expiring by the end of this year. I just think, if you want to give some free gifts, then make sure that they are not expiring. Why give me something that I would have to throw it out for you? It just pisses me off when beauty boxes, or sampling stores, does this.
In all, I think it’s still worth the S$5.99 I paid for; but I would have preferred them giving me less products, rather than a box full of items that are about to expire.